Thursday, May 5, 2016

Editorial Report 15b

This is my editorial report for my first body paragraph and how I have changed it from my first draft to this draft.

Content Change:
I didn't make a lot of changes in this paragraph in content. I only made small changes like adding contractions, or taking out repetitive sentences. This really helped me communicate everything more effectively because it just made it easier to read. I thought how I wrote this in the first place was pretty good, and I didn't see a lot of changes that I had to make to it during the revision process

Form Change:
My only form changes were necessary grammar. This helps me communicate my point better because it is more professionally written, and instead of focusing on how I don't have a comma, you can just focus on what I am trying to say through my writing.

Rough cut:
Throughout high school, I got by writing my essays shortly before they were due, and my idea of a 'rough draft' was an essay that only needed to be revised by grammar and punctuation. I never thought of myself as a person who needed to plan out my ideas far in advance and revise my drafts for more than grammar. I always thought that drafts were unnecessary because once I decided on an idea and started to write about it, I did not think that I would need to change anything, nor did I have the desire to put in more work to change it. My family always thought I was good writer, so that gave me the confidence I needed to reassure myself that writing drafts were useless and I could get away with writing only my final piece. For me, writing an essay was never something that I worried about because I would just sit down, decide what I was going to write about, and then write it. I never had to think about time management and planning and revising because I did not see them as necessary or useful. Throughout high school, writing my one draft worked for me, but that quickly changed as I cam to college. As the projects got to me more and more detailed and time consuming, I learned that I was not able to write everything in one night and that the first idea that came to me wasn't always the best idea. I found that it was extremely beneficial to not commit to my first idea, and to develop my project as I worked through it. 

Re-edited Version:
Throughout high school, I got by writing my essays shortly before they were due, and my idea of a 'rough draft' was an essay that only needed to be revised by grammar and punctuation. I never thought of myself as a person who needed to plan out my ideas far in advance and revise my drafts for more than grammar. I always thought that drafts were unnecessary; once I decided on an idea and started to write about it, I did not think that I would need to change anything, nor did I have the desire to put in more work to change it. My family always thought I was good writer, so that gave me the confidence I needed to reassure myself that writing drafts were useless, and that I could get away with writing only my final piece. For me, writing an essay was never something that I worried about because I would just sit down, decide what I was going to write about, and then write it. I never had to think about time management and planning and revising because I did not see them as necessary or useful. Throughout high school, writing my one draft worked for me, but that quickly changed as I came to college. As the projects became more and more detailed and time consuming, I learned that I was not able to write everything in one night and that the first idea that came to me wasn't always the best idea. I found that it was extremely beneficial to not commit to my first idea, and to develop my project as I worked through it.

No comments:

Post a Comment