Sunday, May 1, 2016

Content Outline

This is an outline for my final project. It is very basic and it is only my ideas.


Opening Section: Introduce myself and how I have improved as a writing student this semester in terms of revising, and planning.

Attention Grabbers: Start by comparing grades for each project or explaining how I'm a college student just like them and I have had to change my ways to find success.

Body Section 1: How I was at the beginning of the semester and in high school

  • Wrote paper's and projects right before they were due, spent time planning, but would never make rough drafts and only would edit for grammar mistakes.
    • talk about only writing one draft
    • talk about wiring projects right before they were due
    • important because it worked in high school but not in college
    • talk about how that affected me
    • important because it gives the reader a basis for how I was
Body Section 2: How I changed my writing process and how I have learned it's okay to change your mind and project if needed.
  • Now I learned that if I'm not comfortable with my first idea, it's not as hard as I thought to just abandon it and move forward with a new idea.
    • talk about project three and changing ideas
    • show how in project 1,  I kept with the same idea and it didn't work for me.
    • important because it shows that I got a bad grade and I could have done better. 
    • shows how I  have found that I can write good if I don't just stick to the first thing I decide to write about.
    • important because it shows that I am comfortable changing my mind late in the game if it is a better idea for my project.
Body Section 3: Explain the change in my time management and how I still can procrastinate but I have to have a schedule so I don't leave everything to the last minute.
  • This is how I changed from leaving everything until right before it was due to making a schedule that evenly spaces the work and allows time for changing ideas.
    • talk about how I didn't ever have a production schedule and then explain how they are important to me today.
    • talk about multiple drafts for each project and how drastically it changes between them
    • important because it proves how I change and improve.
    • proves that I use my new schedule and that it evenly spaces my work
    • important because it shows that it allows time for revising and changing my ideas. 
Closing Section: Recap on how important it has been for me to change my old habits and how I have stepped outside my box. Talk about how it was important for me to find this new way at the beginning of college and how it will hopefully be beneficial to me.

Larger Significance: Explain how it is important to find this out when you're starting college, rather than later. Also, I want to show how its not just about writing, and it has expanded to me being more open to change and suggestion.






No comments:

Post a Comment