Sunday, May 1, 2016

Production Report 1

This is my first production report and it features my opening paragraph. I would love for some feed back on everything including a hook and a thesis. Thank you:)

Form: 

The form for this is just a college essay. It is professional because that is a genre convention, but it isn't extremely formal because it is a self reflective. I am having a hard time figuring out a balance between writing casually (like the blogs I've been doing all semester) and getting back into formal writing for this essay.

Production: 

The production of this wasn't too bad. I have a hard time thinking of good thesis statements, but I think that it is clear and concise. I like that it explains what my essay will be about, but it might be bland and boring to read.

Opening Paragraph: (outline item)

As a second semester college student, I have learned many things the hard way as I took the transition from high school to college. Throughout this semester I have changed a lot about my writing process to help improve my skills and get good grades. Creating the writing process I have today has been sculpted by the many projects and blog posts I have written this semester. My writing project has changed from writing a paper the night before it was due and only editing it for grammar, into spacing out my project and allowing time for change and a different ideas. I used to only write a final draft and not plan out my essay. Now, I have learned that it is not just okay to change your idea, but it should happen so you can expand your horizons and further develop your ideas into a project that perfectly fits the prompt.


PLEASE GIVE ME ADVICE ON MY OPENING PARAGRAPH AND DIFFERENT IDEAS FOR ME TO DEVELOP!





1 comment:

  1. Hi Jianna!

    I believe this is overall a pretty good introductory paragraph. Here are a couple critiques for you to consider:

    -Maybe hint at how you learned things "the hard way."

    -I might rephrase the segment "improve my skills and get good grades." Specify what those skills are a little more.

    -" My writing project" could be changed to "my writing approach," or perhaps "my writing philosophy."

    -I'm not sure what you plan on delving into in your first body paragraph, but make sure you clearly segway to that point.

    Overall good job.

    Michaela

    ReplyDelete