Saturday, March 26, 2016

Editorial Report 2

This blog post is comparing the rough cut and revised section of my podcast specifically talking about ALS. I wanted to share my rough cut and the revised version to show how much I changed it and how much it improved.

Rough Cut

Revised Version 

Content Change: When it comes to content I changed a lot. When I re-recorded, I recorded myself reading a script I made that was written better than the first so it didn't sound as repetitive and it sounded more professional. I also added a "guest speaker" to my recording because it gave the listener a break from listening to me, and he provided a lot of information about the ice bucket challenge.

In the first version, I talked about the basic challenge, but in the revised version, I went into more depth, I explained how it affected the world, and how the challenge really took hold and what a viral video is.

I think that this way is more effective because it provides more information for the listener. I also think that me re-writing my script was helpful because it sounded less repetitive and more diverse.

Form Change: The biggest form change I made was adding in another speaker. It technically provided more information which you can classify as content, but I think of it as a form change because it gave the listener a break of hearing just from me.

I think that this is effective, because he was a professional YouTuber so he had a really good speaking voice which hopefully draws in my listeners again and keeps them interested with a breath of fresh air.

In the background of his segment, there is also music, which helps keep the listener engaged, and makes it more interactive instead of being so dry.

No comments:

Post a Comment