Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Local Revision: Tense Usage

For this post, I will be dividing up all of the verbs that I used in my controversy into the following categories; past tense, present tense, or future tense. This way I can see which tense I use the most and if it makes sense in my controversy.

Past Tense
wanted
came
voted
started-2
passed-2
legalized
blew
made-2
were-4
expected
brought
used-3
went
became
was-3
born
breathed

Present Tense 
circling
waking 
sending 
talking-2
looking
firing
becoming
took
able
maintain
want
smell
purchasing-2
gives
smoking
growing
changes
receives
creates
legalization
decriminalization
fund
going
brings-5
boosting
provides
affects
use
accident-2
causing-2
increases-2
turning
wearing-2
know
find
has
signs
regulates
makes
opening
funding
smoking
see
Future Tense
to end
going to feel
to grow
to buy
change
bring-2
help
become
come-2
adventure-2
sets
watch-2
melt
starts
warm
turns
feel-2
taste
wake
go
decriminalize 
come

1) I use present tense verbs the most because in my controversy, I am explaining how people are affected now. This controversy is still going on, so I think it is important to focus on the now.

2) Because I am mostly using present tense verbs, this causes people to realized how people are being affected now, I also use some past and future verbs to show what the people envisioned, and what they want in the future, but I focus on now because this controversy is still going.

3) I used all three tenses in my draft, and I think it makes sense and it works out. I use all three because I talk about what happened when the controversy first started, what people think of it now, and what people hope for in the future. I think that it flows logically and it is made clear that this is an on-going subject.

4) I use present tense verbs in my draft because the controversy is still going on today. 

MilbFr. "V is for Verb", 06/04/2012 via Creative Commons
Creative Commons Attribution-Share alike 3.0 Unreported



No comments:

Post a Comment