Sunday, April 10, 2016

Production Report 2

For my second production report, I am choosing to share a piece of news footage that I found on Affirmative Action and how it has evolved. Currently, I will just be embedding the news video from the website that I found it on, and then later, I will be editing it and cutting it down to a shorter time frame.

Outline Item:
Because I completely changed my project, I don't have a project outline to go off of. But if I made a new outline for this project, this would be evidence for an unfair admission's process.

Adaptation of Outline item:
This is a video that I got from FOX 31 Denver News and it is a news story on Affirmative Action and the college admission process. This is a piece of evidence for my outline item and it serves to inform the watcher from a credible source.

1.
For this piece of raw footage, I decided to embed a video on Affirmative Action. (after clicking the link please watch the video at the top of the news article). I will download this video and edit it down sometime next week, but I haven't decided everything that I want from it yet and I have been having problems with my computer speakers so I thought it would  be best to just show you the video from it's host.

As for form, I decided to use video footage because it will be easy to go into my video essay. I wanted to get video from a news host because it is reliable, credible, and easy to understand. It is also easier for me to post a video into my video because then I don't have to make my own video and record my own voice for the whole project. This will also give my watchers a break from me and will go to a credible news host.

My video essay must have video, audio and music. With a piece of footage from a news source, I think it will be a perfect video to add to my essay because it already has those components and all I need to do is cut it down and take out parts that aren't relevant to my project.

2.
This piece is easy for me to download, dissect, and then piece back together to put into my video essay. However, it was hard for me to find a video like this. I initially wanted to find a video about athletes gaining admission into college but that isn't really a public topic. Affirmative Action is however very popular and I thought it was interesting how it evolved into something completely different that it initially was supposed to be.

I think that once I download this video and then piece it together into something that works good for my essay, it will be really awesome and informative as well as credible. I just hope I don't find it too challenging to download and piece together.

No comments:

Post a Comment