Sunday, April 3, 2016

Reflection on Pre-Production Week

This blog is a reflection on this week and how I think I managed my time, did course work, and what I will change for next week.

Successes:

This week I think a big success was getting the blog posts done. This week was very hectic and the blog posts were insanely time consuming. I want to give myself a huge pat on the back for completing them...even if I did spend my whole week/weekend doing them. (annoyed sigh)

I also think that my plan for next week went well, I won't fully know until next week when I actually do stuff, but it seems like I planned it out well so I don't get too stressed out trying to complete it all.

Challenges:

This week was so flipping stressful (excuse my almost French), but this week was just a nightmare.

On Tuesday, we were introduced to this project, and I was looking over the blog posts and realized I couldn't really do much until I picked a topic. On Wednesday night I decided I would go down the path of paying student athletes because it was the only thing I could think about that wasn't a huge controversy and that I was interested and somewhat affected by.

On Thursday, I explained my choice and was told it was a bad idea. Tragically, I had already done too much work to just abandon it and pick something else...if I could even think about something else. But anyway, I think that my topic is good, and I just need to find an interesting/unique outlook on it so I can put my spin on it. I think that I can make a good video and I will get creative with it, so hopefully I can pull off a good grade.

Next Week:

Since I finally have a topic and this week will be over, I think that next week will go much better. This week I did a TON of research, so I think that I set myself up for greatness.

Also, with the production schedule I created, I think that I will be able to focus on this class and my other classes without getting too stressed out.

Overall Feelings:

Overall, I have mixed feelings. At first, I was excited for a controversy because I am really good at debating. But then, I saw how the project was actually going to be, and I didn't feel as comfortable. I felt a little better when I finally thought of a good topic (or so I thought), and then my dreams were crushed when I was basically told my idea was crap.

I think that I can get a good grade because I am going to show that this topic is good and that I can provide a different outlook on the matter. But I am a bit scared because my professor didn't like it and he's the one who grades my project at the end...

No comments:

Post a Comment